- Planning and Development
- Residential Parking
Residential Parking Online Application
The City of Newark Residential Parking Application is now available online!
Application and Required Documents
Please have the following documents ready when applying for a Residential Parking Permit:
- Required for Residential Parking Permits
- Must be valid– as ordinance does not allow vehicles with expired registration to park on the road.
- Temporary tags are acceptable. Once you obtain the permanent tag, you must contact parking with the updated information. Failure to do so can result in a citation being issued to the vehicle.
- We do not accept vehicle titles or insurance cards in lieu of the Vehicle Registration
- Must be Valid
- For renters only
- Must be valid – with valid term dates, and signed by the tenant and landlord
- Only needed for those who have recently bought a house as our records may not be updated.
- Most homeowners can be verified through the parcel search and do not need to supply these documents.
Residential Parking Rules & Regulations
Rental Property Permits
Non-homeowner occupied properties or Homeowner occupied properties with more than 2 tenants are required to have a rental permit with the City. We will not issue Residential Parking Permits or Guest Passes to properties not in compliance with the City’s Rental Permit codes. Please go to the City of Newark Code Enforcement Page for more information.
Residential Parking Zoned Streets
To find residential parking zones please use the City of Newark Parking Locator.
- How much does a Residential Parking Permit cost?
- I don’t see an expiration date on my permit, does it expire?
- Can I use my Parking Permit in Any Zone?
- I found a Guest Pass at my house; can I use it?
- What if my house is not eligible, or we need additional parking?
- Guest Passes: how long are they good for and who can use them?
- I’m a Residential Permit holder and I have a new vehicle, what should I do?
- I want to give up my Residential Permit to my roommate. Can we do that?
- I’m having Maintenance/Construction done on my house and it resides in a Residential Parking Zone. Who should I contact?
Any questions or concerns, please reach out the the Parking Division at Newarkparking@newark.de.us or (302) 366-7000. Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. through 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.