- Feature Links
- Community Calendar Policy
Community Calendar Policy
Community Notices & AnnouncementsA portion of the City of Newark’s website is dedicated to the posting of community notices and announcements and will be referred to as the “Community Calendar.” The Community Calendar is limited to announcements and notices intended to inform residents about upcoming community events. “Community event” means any charitable, educational, cultural or recreational event taking place in the City of Newark. Submission of events by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
All City of Newark Community Calendar submitters shall be clearly identified by their event submissions. Anonymous posting of events shall not be allowed. All event postings shall be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information including a name, email address and phone number. Each request by a person or entity to have the city post an event in the calendar must be received by the city no less than 15 days prior to the date of the event.
Requirements & RestrictionsNotices and announcements shall be limited to
- The name of the group, organization or person sponsoring the event
- A concise description of the event
- Date of the event
The city reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed a violation of this Community Calendar policy or any applicable law. Events submitted to the City of Newark Community Calendar containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed for posting:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
DisclaimerThe City of Newark Community Calendar is provided as a community service to Newark citizens and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, the City of Newark does not endorse or verify the information included. The City does not control or review the content or operation of the websites referenced in event postings. The City of Newark does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness or security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The City of Newark urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
The City of Newark reserves the right to reject any calendar entry which does not comply with this policy. Users of this calendar hereby acknowledge that the City of Newark cannot be held responsible for incorrect or incomplete calendar information, regardless of origin, or for any negative consequences arising from any reliance on such incorrect or incomplete information.
Return to Calendar