Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treat Main St.
- Due to COVID-19 the Halloween Parade & Trick or Treat Main Street for 2020 have been canceled for the safety of our participants, vendors, spectators and staff. We are currently working on creating events to bring to the Newark Community throughout the fall. Look for additional information on our Facebook page and website.
- Preregistration is not necessary if you simply wish to come in costume and walk in the parade. A special line up space will be provided. Check in at the information booth at George Read Park by 2:30 p.m. on parade day.
- Note to politicians or political groups: If you wish to march in the parade, you must be in costume and preregister. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Please remember: Pets are not comfortable in the heat and crowds of large events, so for their safety and the safety of those attending the event, please leave your pets at home.
- There is no rain-date for this event. For cancellation information, please call (302) 366-7147.
- Local clubs, civic groups, school bands, PTA's and scout troops are encouraged to participate. See below for additional information on participation or call (302) 366-7000.
Newark's annual Halloween Parade is drawing near. Plan now to be a part of this special Halloween event, complete with marching bands, floats, antique automobiles, costumed characters, and much more.
Please note the following road closures during the event:
- Main Street (Library Avenue to North College)
- Tyre Avenue / Delaware Circle
- Delaware Avenue
Pre-registration is necessary for:
- Marching bands or musical groups - Any marching band or musical group. High School and Junior High Marching Bands must have a minimum of 25 musicians and be pre-registered for the parade in order to qualify for a donation.
- Floats - Floats will be judged on their Halloween theme, and monetary prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Large marching group - Must include a minimum of 10 individuals with at least 2 adults (if children are 12 or under, there must be 1 adult per 5 children). Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Small / family marching group - Must have an overall theme and consist of at least 5 members and fewer than 10 members. Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Vehicles - Antique automobiles with or without costumed drivers/riders.
Trick-or-Treat Main Street
- Date: Sunday, October 25, 2020
- Time: 3 - 5 p.m.
- Location: Main Street
For additional information, please call the Newark Parks and Recreation Department at (302) 366-7000.
For cancellation information, please call (302) 366-7147.