About UNICITY Bus Services
The UNICITY Bus system is a service of the City of Newark and UD Transit of the University of Delaware, with funding assistance from the State of Delaware.
UNICITY Update (October 4th, 2021)
On October 4th, 2021 the Unicity bus route will be slightly revised to accommodate Bloom employees commuting to/from the Train Station and eliminating stops where there hasn't been any passengers for some time. The revised circular route is now an hour and five minutes with the first bus starting at Fairfield Shopping Center and departing 7:35 A.M. and the last bus departing from Fairfield Shopping Center at 6:15 P.M.
Current COVID-19 protocols, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will be strictly observed. Anyone who is sick or has recently been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 should not be using Unicity buses.
- 302-831-1187 (UD Transit)
- 302-366-7000 (City of Newark)
- Current Route as of October 4th, 2021
- On East Main Street, the bus goes into Main Towers and the Newark Shopping Center.
- The bus will pick up and discharge passengers at any location between route stops except on Main Street and on Delaware Avenue, where passengers will be picked up and discharged only at UNICITY signs. Please be in clear view of the bus and indicate you want to board the bus.
- Parents will make sure children follow all safety regulations. Children under the age of 12 cannot ride UNICITY buses without a parent or guardian.
- Passengers will please use the seat belts provided for their safety.
- Passengers are limited to three carry-on bags and/or packages. Please bring only as much as you can carry without help. Drivers cannot help passengers with their carry-ons.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other passengers.
- The City of Newark reserves the right to refuse service to any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who engages in disruptive conduct.
- UNICITY buses are equipped with bicycle racks which are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Buses operate Monday through Friday except for the following days.
Note: These are observed holidays, or when UD and City offices are closed:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
The Unicity Bus implemented a new route to better accommodate Bloom Energy employees on October 4th, 2021. Inclement weather may cancel or alter Unicity routes, please plan accordingly. When service disruptions do occur, the information will be posted via the UD (www.udel.edu) and City of Newark websites as early as possible.
For more Public Transportation options available in the City of Newark, please visit DART First State’s website.