About UNICITY Bus Services
The UNICITY Bus system is a service of the City of Newark and UD Transit of the University of Delaware, with funding assistance from the State of Delaware.
- 302-831-1187 (UD Transit)
- 302-366-7000 (City of Newark)
- On East Main Street, the bus goes into Main Towers and the Newark Shopping Center.
- The bus will pick up and discharge passengers at any location between route stops except on Main Street and on Delaware Avenue, where passengers will be picked up an discharged only at UNICITY signs. Please be in clear view of bus and indicate you want to board the bus.
- Schedule is approximate. Please be at stop 10 minutes early. Route may be delayed due to ADA accommodations for passengers, heavy traffic or inclement weather.
- Parents will make sure children follow all safety regulations. Children under the age of 12 cannot ride UNICITY buses without a parent or guardian.
- Passengers will please use the seat belts provided for their safety
- Passengers are limited to three carry-on bags and/or packages. Please bring only as much as you are able to carry without help. Drivers cannot help passengers with their carry-ons.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other passengers.
- The City of Newark reserves the right to refuse service to any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who engages in disruptive conduct.
- UNICITY buses are equipped with bicycle racks which are available on a first come first served basis.
Buses operate Monday through Friday except for the following days, observed holidays, or when UD and City offices are closed:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Inclement weather may cancel or alter Unicity routes, please plan accordingly. When service disruptions do occur, the information will be posted via the UD (www.udel.edu) and City of Newark websites as early as possible.
View and print Unicity bus routes map
For more Public Transportation options available in the City of Newark, please visit DART First State’s website.