The Parking Division is responsible for the management, maintenance, and enforcement of municipal off-street parking facilities and municipal on-street parking spaces, as well as coordinating services for the downtown area. The City’s Parking Ambassadors focus on improving customer service and promoting Newark as a friendly and inviting place to visit and live.
Note: Lot 5 is currently unavailable for parking. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The City of Newark Parking Division is responsible for all municipal parking within the City limits:
- On-street parking meters
- Off-street hourly parking lots (Lots 1, 3 and 4 – 577 spaces)
- Long-term parking lots (Lots 2 and 5 – 151 spaces)
- Permits are currently unavailable
- Residential parking permitting and enforcement
- Maintenance of on-street meters and off-street lots
On-Street Meter Hours
|Monday - Saturday||8 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
7 a.m. to 1 p.m. - No Charge
No Parking daily 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
No Parking in loading zones 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No charge for parking on City/Federal holidays.
On-Street Meter Rates
|All, Monday to Sunday||$1.25 per hour - Quarters and All Major Credit Cards Accepted|
Maximum time limits are listed on all meters.
Off-Street Hourly Parking Lots
Off-Street Parking Hours
|Municipal Lot 1||24 hours/7 days a week|
|Municipal Lot 3||24 hours/7 days a week|
|Municipal Lot 4||24 hours/7 days a week|
No charge for parking Sunday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and City/Federal Holidays.
Off-Street Hourly Parking Rates
|All||$0.50 per 30 minutes - Cash/Quarters, Validations and All Major Credit Cards Accepted|
Long-Term Parking Lots
|Municipal Lot 5||Note: Lot 5 is currently unavailable for parking. We apologize for this inconvenience.|
Downtown parking is provided at no charge on the following days:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday/Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Newark Community Day
- Halloween Parade
- Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Small Business Saturday
- Christmas Holiday
University of Delaware Parking
- Hourly parking is available at University of Delaware Trabant Parking Garage.
- Night/Weekend permits are valid in non-restricted lots on campus after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. Lots close to Main Street that the Night/Weekend permit can be used for include Lot 53 Pearson Hall and Lot 20 Old College/Carpenter Sports Building Lot.
- Visit the University of Delaware Parking Services Webpage for more information.