The Parking Division is responsible for the management, maintenance, and enforcement of municipal off-street parking facilities and municipal on-street parking spaces, as well as coordinating services for the downtown area. The City’s Parking Ambassadors focus on improving customer service and promoting Newark as a friendly and inviting place to visit and live.
The City of Newark Parking Division is responsible for all municipal parking within the City limits:
- On-street parking meters
- Off-street hourly parking lots (Lots 1, 3 and 4 – 577 spaces)
- Long-term parking lots (Lots 2 and 5 – 151 spaces).
- Residential parking permitting and enforcement
- Maintenance of on-street meters and off-street lots
Passport Parking App
|Municipal Lot 2||Lot 2 parking permits are currently unavailable.|
|Municipal Lot 5||Lot 5 parking permits are currently available.|
|Municipal Lot 7||Lot 7 parking permits are currently available.|
Charge-free Downtown Parking Days
Downtown parking is provided at no charge on the following days:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday/Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Newark Community Day
- Halloween Parade
- Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Small Business Saturday
- Christmas Holiday
University of Delaware Parking
- Hourly parking is available at the University of Delaware Trabant Parking Garage.
- Night/Weekend permits are valid in non-restricted lots on campus after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. Lots close to Main Street that the Night/Weekend permit can be used for include Lot 53 Pearson Hall and Lot 20 Old College/Carpenter Sports Building Lot.
- Visit the University of Delaware Parking Services Webpage for more information.