About Probation Judgment
Probation Before Judgment is an informal probation monitored by the court. You do not report to a probation officer.
- Criminal Offenses
- Traffic Offenses
The City of Newark has a sentencing program called Probation Before Judgment. In order to be eligible to be admitted to Probation Before Judgment, the following conditions must be met:
- You have to plead guilty or no contest to the offense(s) with which you are currently charged in Alderman's Court.
- You cannot have received Probation Before Judgment for any offense within the last five years preceding this offense.
- You cannot have been convicted of any misdemeanor offense within the five years preceding this offense.
- You can never have been convicted of a violent felony.
- You cannot have been convicted of any nonviolent felony within the ten years preceding the date of the offense with which you are currently charged.