City Resumes Green Wednesday Yard Waste Collection
with an Amended Schedule
As result of overwhelming resident response, the Green Wednesday yard waste collection program will resume on Wednesday, April 1st, and continue every OTHER Wednesday* until further notice.
- If you need a second cart, you may only use your trash cart - not your recycle cart- providing it is free of trash and clearly labeled "Yard Waste Only".
- Only city-provided carts will be emptied.
- Cart lids must be closed.
- Nothing outside carts will be collected.
- No man-made products of any kind allowed - "If it didn't grow, it doesn't go!"
* Pick ups are subject to change.
Please continue to check our website for any updates to the Green Wednesday yard waste collection.Important Additional Information
- Bulk Collections will be suspended until further notice.
- Trash and Recycling will be collected on their normal schedule.
- Dumpsters will be emptied on their normal day.
- All Trash and Recycling carts should be placed out on their regularly scheduled day with lids closed. Be advised: carts with overflowing material/open lids and items outside of carts will not be collected.
: A Great Resource for City of Newark Residents
Just moved to the City of Newark? Welcome! Or just moved to a different part of town and are unsure of your trash/recycle schedule? No Problem!
The CivicConnect application helps residents obtain information about curbside and drop-off services provided by the City of Newark, as well as services provided by other public agencies.
To locate a service, click on the magnifying glass icon toward the right on the top margin and
simply enter an address or activity in the search box, or use your current location. Your location will then be pinned on the map and relevant information about available curbside and drop-off services will be displayed below. Click here to get started.
InformMe Citizen Notification System: Staying Updated Has Never Been Easier
The InformMe Citizen Notification System is used by cities across the United States to notify residents about any or all of the following community concerns:
- Crime Alerts
- Electric Utility Alerts
- Megan's Law Notifications
- Meeting Notices (Council/Board/Commissions)
- Refuse/Recycling Changes
- Traffic Alerts
- Water/Sewer Utility Alerts
- Weather-related Alerts
The city of Newark is happy to provide this service to its residents in an effort to keep everyone in our community updated. All you have to do is sign-up, and that's it! However soon it may be warranted, the alerts you chose will be sent via the delivery method(s) you chose. Whether by voicemail, text and/or email notifications, you will be contacted at the same time as everyone else who signed-up.
Please share this information with your friends and neighbors in Newark, and encourage them to sign-up too. It takes only a few minutes, and in case you are unsure which notifications to receive, just remember that you can change your selections whenever you like. Rather than checking on television or online, now you can relax knowing the city will contact you!
Just click here to sign-up!
Note: Individuals with disabilities who need assistance can register by calling the City of Newark at (302) 366-7000.