This evening, December 6, 2019, the 14th Annual Reindeer Run 5K benefiting Special Olympics Delaware will be held during the City of Newark’s Winterfest.
In support of Winterfest, Academy Street between Main Street and Delaware Avenue will be closed from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
In support of the Reindeer Run, the following roads will be affected during the race. The race begins at 7:00 p.m. and is anticipated to finish by 8:15 p.m.
- Academy Street will be closed from Delaware Avenue to Lovett Avenue from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Academy Street south of Lovett Avenue all the way past Park Place to Water Works Lane at the James F. Hall Trail will be closed from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Courtney Street and Ashley Road will be closed between Academy Street and South Chapel Street from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- South Chapel Street will be closed south of Wyoming Road from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Kells Avenue, Water works Lane, and Wollaston Avenue will be closed from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- East Park Place can expect delays
Please be aware of these road closures and make arrangements accordingly. Local traffic will be allowed if you live on one of the affected streets.