Seasonal Collections and Services
City Resumes Green Wednesday Yard Waste Collection
with an Amended Schedule
As result of overwhelming resident response, the Green Wednesday yard waste collection program will resume on Wednesday, April 1st, and continue every OTHER Wednesday* until further notice.
- If you need a second cart, you may only use your trash cart - not your recycle cart- providing it is free of trash and clearly labeled "Yard Waste Only".
- Only city-provided carts will be emptied.
- Cart lids must be closed.
- Nothing outside carts will be collected.
- No man-made products of any kind allowed - "If it didn't grow, it doesn't go!"
* Pick ups are subject to change.
Please continue to check our website for any updates to the Green Wednesday yard waste collection.Important Additional Information
- Bulk Collections will be suspended through Friday, April 3rd.
- Trash and Recycling will be collected on their normal schedule.
- Dumpsters will be emptied on their normal day.
- All Trash and Recycling carts should be placed out on their regularly scheduled day with lids closed. Be advised: carts with overflowing material/open lids and items outside of carts will not be collected.
March 4 - Dec. 2, 2020
From the first week of March to the first week of December, the city collects yard waste on what is commonly called Green Wednesdays. . Please remember that no man-made product may be placed in the cart. For further information, please reference the helpful links below.
March 23 - April 3, 2020
Please Note: Spring Leaf Collection must be scheduled in advance by calling Public Works at 302/366-7000.
Monday, Oct. 14 - Friday, Dec. 27, 2019
Fall leaf collection is not scheduled, nor do neighborhoods have assigned days of the week. Instead, our trucks continuously route through the city during the season. Residents should expect collection once per week during the beginning of the season and once every other week during peak season. For further information, please reference the helpful links below.