The customer service function provides assistance to utility customers in:
- Establishing and terminating service
- Answering billing and service inquiries
- Managing delinquent utility accounts receivable
- Providing customer education
New Rental Accounts
The City of Newark does require a security deposit for all new rental accounts. The security deposit is $100, or $150 if you have electric heat. Homeowners do not need to make a security deposit.
Commercial accounts also require a security deposit which is based on the type of business and size. Security deposits are calculated by twice the average or projected consumption in accordance with City Code, Section 11-16. The City factors the square footage, along with measuring the same or similar type of business. The minimum deposit is $300.
- How do I open and close a utility account?
- I am a new homeowner, how do I put the service in my name?
- How do I pay my utility bill?
- What is the customer charge listed on my bill?
- How do I make payment arrangements?
- I did an online move-in through Customer Connect, how do I complete the activation of my account?
- I disagree with the amount of my bill, what should I do?
- I need help paying my bills, what can I do?
- What is the “Energy next” line on my bill?
- What is Budget Billing?
- Will my preauthorized payment status follow me from one account to another?
- How do I change the name on the bill?
- I am a tenant who is unable to place water service in my name, why?
- What is the difference between the white and pink bills?
- What is Customer Connect?
- What type of information will Customer Connect provide?
- I am having trouble selecting a password for my Customer Connect account.
- What payment methods are accepted online?
- Are my Customer Connect transactions secure?
- How soon will the payment reflect on my account?