- Payments & Utility Billing
- Electric Account and Utility Bill
Utility Bill Payments & Electric Service Requests
Welcome to Customer Connect, your access to online utility account information! Customer Connect provides you with interactive modules and access to more current, detailed information related to your water and electric consumption. Sign up to monitor your usage with easy-to-read charts, enroll in electronic billing, schedule custom alerts, make automatic payments, enroll in budget billing, analyze utility bills and request service directly through your Customer Connect portal.
- Customer Connect may be down for maintenance each Tuesday from 10 a.m. until noon EST. Access will be unavailable.
- Customer Connect 6 is not compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Customer Connect 6 is compatible with the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any Chromium based browser (Opera, Brave, Epic, etc.).
- Participation in the Renewable Energy Program is optional. To opt-out of the service, complete the opt-out form and submit it to PaymentsandUtilityBilling@newark.de.us.
Register for Customer Connect
Register a Customer Connect account by clicking here. Be sure to have a valid, active e-mail address and your most recent utility bill handy during registration as these will be needed to complete the account validation process.
If you need any assistance during the enrollment process, please call the Payments & Utility Billing department at 302-366-7000 during normal business hours.
Open or Close a City of Newark Utility Account
Non-owner occupied properties (rentals) that need to open, close, or transfer a utility account may do so utilizing their Customer Connect account and avoiding waiting in lines or calling on the phone.
Other Payment Methods
The Payments and Utility Billing Department accepts walk-in payments Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
To mail a payment, address the envelope to:
City of Newark
P.O. Box 13447
Philadelphia, PA 19101
The City utilizes a Newark banking branch for all banking activity, while utility payments are directed to the regional lockbox address above to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.